We leave on Sunday. Aghhhhhh!! Yeaahhh!! Aggghhh!
Before then I only have to:
- buy bucketloads of weird Japanese chocolate for everyone
- find all the stuff I have bought for my family over the past year, get it in one place, sort through, realise I have bought 20 items for my (very easy to shop for) mum and sister and none for my (not so into cutesy Japanese crap) dad and brother and go shopping again
- buy travel insurance when my passport name and credit card name are not one and the same
- shop for and teach cooking classes for 2 lots of gingerbread and three lots of rum balls- including a class of 12 preschoolers....
- print, write and send New Years cards
- send boxes of produce to Japanese rellies as a combined Christmas/ oseibo/ sorry but we're not coming to visit this New Year apology gift
- teach two other random English classes
- attend two Christmas Parties (co MC one- wooh, go me!)
- double paediatrician appointment to stock up on creams for everything about Australia that makes us itch and sneeze
- finish baking, wrap and send items for cookie exchange
- arrange foster mother for chooks and explain feeding system
- cook double batch of curry rice and beef stew and portion and freeze so K doesn't subside entirely on udon while we're away.
- Steel self for returning home to find lovingly prepared, portioned, labelled and frozen meals still untouched and village-wide shortage of udon....
- Pack suitcases
- re above: go to old house and try to find suitcases.
- get enough sleep so 2am departure for airport doesn't wipe me out so much I'm unable to handle 12 hour flight with six hour layover in Hong Kong with the girls and no K.....